Wednesday, July 22, 2009

100 things about me (a very old post from 2003)

  • I was born on 25th June 1976 at an odd time of 3:53 hours which makes me a very emotional cancerian
  • The first name that my parents chose for me was Vinod
  • I started schooling at the age of 2 years and 6 months
  • My favourite pastime nowadays is worrying
  • I like to cook South Indian dishes, but would like to learn cooking North Indian ones too
  • The only film which ever made an impact in my mind was "Life is Beautiful" by Roberto Benigini
  • People say that i am spontaneously humourous and I chuckle and agree
  • The other favourite pastime of mine is to sleep like a log
  • I wrote my first article at the age of 17 which got published in my college magazine
  • God has given me the gift of speaking 10 languages , of which I can read and write as well in 7 of those
  • My interests towards people gets me speaking to them more often about their work and their lives
  • I suffered my first case of depression in September 1994
  • I seem to remember faces well though I rarely recollect the names attached to them
  • I stand 5 feet 4 inches tall
  • Given to myself i would go to bed only with my birthday clothes on me
  • I suffered my second case of depression in November 2001
  • I am good at knowing other people's deepest secrets for they feel confident to confide them to me
  • I usually pick up a language's accent by being in the place for two to three days
  • I have more "friends who are girls" rather than "friends who are guys"
  • I like to read. A lot
  • I love to tend to a garden and work with soft, moist mud under my feet
  • I usually keep pulling peoples' legs and they say I am worst when in "Mood"
  • I love cycling, cross country biking (provided someone sponsors the fuel)
  • I love to travel and have been to most places in Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka
  • I was an active participant of my college cultural team
  • I enjoy quizzing and had a good team during my post graduate days
  • I love technical subjects like DBMS, Algorithms, Networking and Software Engineering
  • I am a great team guy. I manage teams rather well
  • My friends are few. But whoever are there are very close to me
  • I like walking with my chappals in my hand wading through rain water when it pours
  • I like speaking to women, even thought they think i am a pest and a lech
  • I exhausted all the english fiction that was there in the library during my post graduate days
  • I play practical jokes on people. This has caused some of my friends to suffer (college ragging)
  • I like to listen to Tamil film music of 70s and 80s and to Kishore kumar
  • I play cricket but would like to officiate as an umpire
  • I have been an average student throughout except my post graduation where I excelled
  • My favourite holiday would be near a beach
  • I like to walk a lot and break in to one when ever possible
  • Usually I think aloud which has got me in to trouble often
  • I prefer to see women in sarees
  • I like people who are prompt, responsive and humourous
  • I speak languages like the real native. So one cannot make out my real identity by just hearing to me
  • I love order and spend much of my time in organizing things
  • I am quite a resourceful person
  • I like children between 2 - 5 years old. Below that they cry too much and above that you are stumped by their questions
  • I would love to be a chauffer to a jovial family, happily taking them around in a car from place to place
  • I like people who are creative
  • I like dramatics and would love to play any part in a play.
  • I received great appreciation for my part in dramas during my school days
  • You can safely hear me singing. I am pleasant to hear while singing
  • If ever there is any gossip around I will be the first to know
  • I like the sight of our army men marching during republic day parade
  • I like teaching to people and can teach complex concepts using good analogies
  • I tried my hand at poetry and stopped when I myself did not like my poems. Prose seems to go well with me
  • I have written, directed and acted as the protagonist in a play conceived for 50th year of Indian Independence. This happened during my post graduation days
  • I had the talent to mimic people, but have lost the art over the years
  • The only poem of mine which I liked was "Why I love the sparrow?". Alas I have lost the original copy
  • The other sport that I enjoy apart from cricket is tennis and especially womens'
  • My mind is also filled with only one thought like other males of my age. Sex
  • I can type without looking into the keyboard
  • My spelling abilities are good and I read faster than most of my friends
  • I was good at languages rather than mathematics and science in my school
  • I still keep in touch with my school mates although I had very few friends from school
  • I get mad when I have tried my best and still things go wrong
  • I like cornflakes and milk
  • More than eating, I would like to cook and serve to people
  • I enjoy both extremes of tamizh accents. Sangha tamizh and Madras tamizh and am adept in speaking both
  • I enjoy reading comics especially Asterix and Tintin
  • I like most fruits and like to have one course of fruits with every meal
  • I would love to be a consultant some day in the finance domain
  • I would like to settle down with a farm land in my home state Kerala
  • I read English even when the letters are upside down to me, like letters, newspapers etc held by people who sit opposite to me
  • I like movies which are comedies or action oriented
  • I usually get the hang of any new gadget minutes after learning to handle it
  • I had memorized many thirukurals during my school days but convieniently have forgotten most of them
  • The most difficult art for me to practice was to balance a set of glass cups on my head and do the "lemon and spoon" race
  • My first grey hair grew on my tummy
  • Like other males I like to be a voyeur
  • I am comfortable in authentic Indian clothes and western outfits
  • I like photography and the only thing that prevented me from pursuing it as a hobby was my pocket money during my school days and nowadays by my salary
  • I like to own very few possesions. But whatever I own must be "State of Art"
  • I am not afraid to address a group of people. Infact, the more the merrier
  • Among my favourite batsmen were David Gower, Vivian Richards, Kris Srikkanth, Rahul Dravid and Chris Cairns
  • My favourite bowlers are Wasim Akram, Shane warne, Malcom Marshall and myself
  • I usually can be found humming (sometimes all throughout the day) the first song that my subconscious DJ plays
  • I am a person with short sight but with lot of foresight
  • I used to own a good collection of fountain pens but over the years have donated them to my deserving cousins
  • When asked in childhood I usually replied that I wanted to be a locomotive driver
  • I am interested in palmistry and numerology but am skeptical whether all what the palmists say are true
  • I am interested in pursuing a career as a domain expert in IT and Finance
  • I like women who have expressive eyes
  • I usually read what other amateurs like me write and try to compare my writings to theirs
  • I used to bug visitors to my home for their tickets (bus or train) with which they travelled and used to have a box full of tickets
  • I would love to take up a hobby which will keep me occupied when I am out of job
  • I love carnatic music but only when the kirtanais are short without much alapanais. I also like to sing and hear Thirupugazh
  • I love melodious bhajans
  • I love dogs which are friendly and the unfriendly ones when they are still puppies
  • I like to visit South Indian temples with my mother. I like temples when they are not crowded
  • I had an electronic kit bought from my own pocket money and used to spend a lot of time with it creating circuitory as shown in the explanatory manual which accompanied it
  • I usually tell a lot of harmless lies


  • No comments: